Whether your company coordinates its activities with many consultants, partners and suppliers or performs as a tight-knit team of employees, you deserve an intranet software solution whose content you can tailor to your way of conducting business.
DocPoint Solutions can help you define your intranet needs, design the look and feel of the portal and help you drive user adoption.
A successful intranet keeps users coming back to stay on current on the information they need to accomplish their jobs. Too often, the intranet is a forgotten resource. Employees don’t know an intranet exists, don’t know how to use it or don’t have any reason to access it. If your intranet suffers from any of these symptoms, DocPoint Solutions can turn things around.
Here are five simple ways to drive intranet adoption:
- Give your intranet a friendly name – The name should resonate with employees and be easy to remember.
- Brand your intranet – Your intranet should have the same look and feel as your website or other web properties. If the intranet is recognizable as a part of your organization, then employees will be more likely to use it and make contributions.
- Use your intranet for everyday affairs – Most companies use email as the primary method for disseminating important company information. Progressive companies use the intranet for all company-wide announcements. Next time there is something to announce, publish a blog post on your intranet. Valuable discussions are likely to result in the form of threaded comments.
- Make it easy to create engaging content in your intranet – It is said that people “eat with their eyes.” The same can be said about content on your intranet. When content is appealing, people are more likely to read it.
- Make searching the intranet easy – Most employees go to the intranet to find something. Unfortunately, on most intranets there is more looking than finding. When properly configured, SharePoint sites make it easy to find content using search. Correct search terms first need to be identified. Then, useful filters must be created. The Visual Best Bets feature of SharePoint makes it easy for people to find what they need.
View Related White Paper: