DocPoint Solutions begins every engagement with solution guidance and initial planning activities, two practices that avoid costly rework, lost time and poor performance.
Our assessment phase applies to both existing SharePoint users seeking an overall “health check” as well as those considering a SharePoint implementation.
The DocPoint Solutions SharePoint 2013 Readiness Assessment and Roadmap is customized to each organization. As indicated, it may consist of the following assessments:
- Infrastructure, Hardware, Configuration and Disaster Recovery
- Active Directory, Security and Permissions
- Governance Strategy
- Document Storage and Archiving
- Content Management and Search
- Development Standards and Practices
- Performance Optimization
Assessment deliverables may include:
- A customized roadmap for a SharePoint 2010 or 2013 implementation
- Identification of key business drivers and desired outcomes for SharePoint 2010 or 2013 initiatives
- Identification of potential business process improvements using SharePoint 2010 or 2013
- Greater awareness of SharePoint 2010 or 2013 capabilities and their role in the enterprise
The DocPoint Solutions Assessment Process
Mindful of clients’ unique requirements, DocPoint Solutions employs an overall assessment process that accommodates methodology variability at each step. Our business analysts begin the process by understanding how your organization functions, learning where your “pain points” are and identifying where your management team sees the greatest potential for greater productivity and efficiency.
Process steps may include:
- Review current IT infrastructure including network topology, security and system resources.
- Assess licensing requirements.
- Determine if out-of-the box SharePoint functionality addresses business issues sufficiently and, if not, recommend third-party commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) applications.
- Prioritize and plan for additional features that are critical to organizational decision making and operations.
- Create a user access needs and privileges list.
- Deploy or upgrade the SharePoint installation.
- Customize and style the SharePoint deployment to include efforts to make it feel familiar to employees, increase ease of use or keep branding consistent.
- Develop a training plan for new users.